This Vajra panjara stotra is chanted immediately before starting some ritual or meditation. Also it is used to create an armour for self- protection when some faces some hurdles, fear or enemy.
This is also said – Maharaksha sarvopadrava shanti mantra.
Om paramesthinamaskaram saram navapadatmakam, Atmaraksakaram vajra-panjarabham smaramyaham…1
Om namo arahantanam siraskam sirasi sthitam, Om namo savvasiddhanam, mukhe mukhapatam varam…2
Om namo ayariyanam angaraksaati sayini Om namo uvajjhayanam, ayudham hastayordridham…3
Om namo loe savvasahunam, mochake padayoh subhe, Eso pancha namukkaro, shila vajramayi tale…4
Savva pava-ppanasano, vapro vajramayor bahih, Mangalanam cha savvesim, Khadirangarakhatika…5
Svahantam cha padam gnyeyam, padhamam havai mangalam vapropari vajramayam, pidhanam deharakshane…6
Mahaprabhava raksheyam, kshudropadrava-nashini, paramesthipadodbhuta, Kathita Purvasuribhih…7
Yaschaiyam kurute raksham, paramesthi-padaih sada, Tasya na syad bhayam vyadhi-radhis chapi kadachan…8
1. I remember with om the nine line meaningful paramesthi namaskara that protects like a vajra panjara (a cage as hard as diamond)
2. Om namo arahantanam- This line is the helmet on my head (utter it keeping your open palm over your head). Om namo siddhanam- this line is a strong face plate(touch your face with your palm)
3. Om namon ayariyanam- This line is the extremely strong breast plate and the back plate of the armour(move your open palm over the torso). Om namo uvajjhayanam-This line is like potent weapons in my hands( lift hand as if you are holding weapons).
4.Om namo loe savva sahunam- This line is lower section of the armour, protecting both the legs( touch your seat and imagine it to be hard as diamond).
5. Savva pavappanasano- This line is strong rampart around me (move both the hands , imagining a rampart around you). Mangalam ca savvesim-This line is the moat around me, full of burning coal. No one can cross it and enter.
6. Padhanam havai mangalam, svaha-This line is the hard canopy over me.
7. This method of self protection, derived from this line of veneration has been prescribed by ancient acaryas. It is very effective and it pacifies even minor torments.
8. The practitioner who protects himself in the above said manner remembering the five lines of veneration is never afflicted by fear, shock, attack and mental worries.